There was a time were the only way we could find new music or let alone listen to music was from cassettes we made ourselves that we call ‘mixtapes’. That’s why this is here, to help bring knowledge to songs that you may have forgotten about, never knew about or songs that you still listen to now after the years. Throughout these playlists there will be old and newer songs, it’s all a surprise. So get to listening below and ENJOY!
With the New Year beginning, what better way to celebrate it then with songs all about time itself. Start the year strong with some songs from the past.
- Time In A Bottle – Jim Croce (1973 – The song hit NO. 1 in the United States 14 weeks after the plane crash that killed Croce in 1973)
- Rocket Man – Elton John (1972 – Elton John named his record company Rocket Records after this song, starting the company in 1973)
- Time Machine – Devon Allman (2013 – Devon Allman is the son of founding member of The Allman Brothers, Gregg Allman. This song is off of his debut album, Turquoise)
- Let The Good Times Roll – B.B. King (1976 – Although written by Louis Jordan, B.B. King would often open his concerts with the song while recording versions with Bobby Bland and Zucchero)
- Ten Years Gone – Led Zeppelin (1975 – John Paul Jones used a 3-necked guitar and bass pedals to play this live, it became too much for John that they dropped it from concerts in 1977)
- Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More – The Allman Brothers (1972 – Gregg Allman wrote this song some time after Duane Allman’s death, it’s about Gregg coming to terms with the death)
- Brown Eyed Women – Grateful Dead (1972 – First played in Chicago in 1971, one month before the release of their double live album ‘Skull & Roses’ – Last played on July 6, 1995)
- Back In Time – Huey Lewis & The News (1985 – This song was written specifically for the film, ‘Back To The Future’ and was used in second place at the end of the movie)
- Midnight Hour – Wilson Pickett (1966 – The song climbed to NO. 1 on the R&B chart, giving Pickett his first of five chart toppers on tally)
- The New Day – Greta Van Fleet (2018 – The band first got recognized from their unique similar sound to the 1970’s band Led Zeppelin)