- The band was formed in Los Angeles in 1971 with founding members that included Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner
- Over the duration of the bands history, the Eagles have received 5 No. 1 singles, 6 Grammy Awards, 5 American Music Awards and 6 No. 1 albums making them one of the most successful acts from the 1970s.
- The band broke up in July of 1980 however they reunited in 1994 for the album Hell Freezes Over, which was a mix of live and new studio tracks.
- The Eagles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
- The group’s debut album was recorded in England in February of 1972 with producer Glyn Johns who was impressed by the harmony singing of the band.
- Bernie Leadon left the band in 1975 and on December 20th of 1975, it was officially announced that Joe Walsh would replace Leadon as the guitarist, singer and keyboardist.
- After years of public speculation from being in the music video for Travis Tritt’s ‘Take it Easy’ in 1993, they announced that the band would formally be reunited.
- The band was influenced by 1960s rhythm and blues, soul, bluegrass and rock bands such as The Byrds and Buffalo Springfield. The Eagles’ overall sound has be described as “California Rock
Below are the members from the Eagles since they were formed in 1971.
- Don Henley– lead and backing vocals, drums, percussion, rhythm guitar (1971–1980, 1994–2016, 2017–present)
- Joe Walsh– lead and rhythm guitars, keyboards, backing and lead vocals (1975–1980, 1994–2016, 2017–present)
- Timothy B. Schmit– bass guitar, backing and lead vocals (1977–1980, 1994–2016, 2017–present)
- Glenn Frey – rhythm and lead guitars, keyboards, lead and backing vocals (1971–1980, 1994–2016; his death)
- Bernie Leadon – lead and rhythm guitars, banjo, mandolin, pedal steel guitar, backing and lead vocals (1971–1975, 2013–2016)
- Randy Meisner – bass guitar, backing and lead vocals (1971–1977)
- Don Felder – lead and rhythm guitars, banjo, mandolin, pedal steel guitar, backing vocals (1974–1980, 1994–2001)
- Joe Vitale – drums, percussion, keyboards, backing vocals (1977–1980)
- Scott F. Crago – drums, percussion (1994–2016, 2017–present)
- Timothy Drury – keyboards, vocals, additional guitars (1994–1999)
- Al Garth – saxophone, violin (1994–2012)
- Will Hollis – keyboards, synthesizers, backing vocals (2001–2015)
- Steuart Smith – guitars, mandolin, backing vocals (2001–2016, 2017–present)
- Michael Thompson – piano, keyboards, backing vocals (2001–2015)
- John Corey – piano, backing vocals, percussion, additional guitars (2017–present)
- Deacon Frey – vocals, guitars (2017–present)
- Vince Gill – vocals, guitars (2017–present
Learn more about the famous Eagles album ‘Hotel California’ from our Album of the Week by clicking HERE!