Interesting Facts About Foreigner
- Trigger was the original name for the band. With that name already taken, they chose Foreigner because no matter what country they were in, three of them would always be foreigners because he, McDonald and Elliott were English, while Gramm, Greenwood and Gagliardi were American.
- In 2013, they were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, where they performed Jones and Gramm performed together for the first time since 2003.
- After leaving Foreigner, Gagliardi and Greenwood formed a short-lived band called Spys.
- Foreigner’s catalog sales hit Top 40 in Business Insider magazine’s Best Selling Music Artists of All Time, ahead of Britney Spears, Bob Dylan, Phil Collins, Prince, Queen, Bon Jovi and Def Leppard.
- Foreigner has 9 Top 10 hits – that’s the same as Fleetwood Mac and more than Journey and most of their Classic Rock peers.
- Breaking the record in Billboard magazine, ‘Waiting For A Girl Like You’ was #2 in the Top 10 for 14 weeks and landed Foreigner at #49 on Billboard’s Hot 100 All Time Top Artists chart above The Eagles at #54, Fleetwood Mac at #73 and Aerosmith at #90.
- The guitar riff was in “Juke Box Hero” sampled for the 1988 Tone Loc hit “Funky Cold Medina.”
- Before recording the 4 album, two members of the group left, trimming the band from six members to four. This, along with the fact that it was their fourth album, explains the title, 4.
- Double Vision relates to hockey. Mick stated in a Songfacts interview, “that’s where the title came from. We were at a hockey game. I was an avid Rangers fan in those days, and Lou and I went to a game, and the goaltender for the Rangers got a concussion, and it was announced over the PA that he was taken off and was suffering from double vision”
- Feels Like The First Time was used in the trailer for the 2007 film Superbad.
Rock N' Roll Fan Vote Nominations
2018 Grammy Nominations
Artist Of The Week: Foreigner
Artist Of The Week: Jimi Hendrix
Artist Of The Week : Duane Allman
Free Finds Friday!
Guns N' Roses rock out in Nashville
ON THIS DAY IN MUSIC HISTORY Ft. Hall & Oates
ON THIS DAY IN MUSIC HISTORY Ft. Elvis
ON THIS DAY IN MUSIC HISTORY Ft. Whitney Houston